I find this piece interesting
I wonder what American and French kids go through think of this because it’s entirely true.
Why you wouldn’t survive being beaten by parents
1. Crying too long after being beaten
2. Not crying after being beaten
3. Crying without being beaten
4. Standing where elders are sitting
5. Sitting while elders are standing
6. Walking around aimlessly where elders are seated
7. Eating food prepared for visitors
8. Refusing to eat
9. Coming back home after sunset
10. Eating at the neighbour’s home
11. Generally being too moody
12. Generally being too excited
13. Losing a fight with older age mate
14. Winning a fight with your age mate
15. Eating too slowly
16. Eating too quickly
17. Eating too much
18. Not finishing your food
19. Finishing your food and scraping your plate
20. Eating and talking
21. Sleeping while the elders in the house have already woken up
22. Looking at the visitors while they are eating
23. Stumbling and falling when walking
24. Looking at an elder eye ball to eye ball
25. When an elder is talking to you and you blink
26. When an elder is talking to you and you stare and not blink
27. When you look at an elder through the corner of your eye
28. When your mates are playing street football and you join them
29. When your mates are playing and you don’t join them
30. When you don’t wash your dish after eating
31. When you wash your dish improperly
32. When you almost break your dish
33. When you break your dish
34. When you bite your nails.
34.. When you don’t bath🛀.
35. When you bath🛀too quickly
36. When you take too long to bath🛀.
37. When you’re beaten in school for misbehaving
38. When a car almost knocks you down
39. When a car knocks you down and you don’t die!
40. For not answering when spoken to
41. For answering back when spoken to.
42 Beaten for going to Church or Mosque late.
43 Beaten for borrowing shoe/wears from friends.
And if you dared laugh after your father’s loss of a fight at a bar.
But we r called to be good parents Ephesians 6:4. And of course not to spare the rod Proverbs 13:24. Administer it with wisdom.